Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or would-be entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other Participating Countries. The stay is partially funded by the European Union and it may vary between one and six months.
A lot of people would like to launch their business, but are hesitant to do so. We put a lot of passion, energy and time in doing our business, we have learned a lot and he we are willing to share.
Betacowork was born in 2010 and now hosts more than 160 members, mainly entrepreneurs and startup founders. Its community is powered by the Betagroup, a Belgian association whose main purpose is the promotion of tech entrepreneurship that gathers more than 7thousands entrepreneurs and professionals.
What we are looking for
The nature of the job of a coworking space manager is multidisciplinary, and so you will deal with:
- Marketing & sales,
- Community management,
- If you know about blogging and social media, great. If not, we will help you to learn about it 🙂
You must be able to speak and write good English. French and/or Dutch are an asset, but not necessary.
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs trainees are considered as peers and partners of the company and are expected to act like an entrepreneur and create his/her own tasks daily, with creativity and pro-activeness.
We expect motivation, autonomy, and will to learn. Be cool!
What you will get
- You will be trained by Ramon Suarez, a coworking space manager with almost 3 years and a half of practical experience (and a lot of months of planning). Ramon is writing The Coworking Handbook, the first guide for coworking space owners and managers.
- An awesome space to work at in one of the most international and welcoming cities in the world: Brussels! You will work in a start-up friendly coworking space with professionals coming from different levels of experience and backgrounds.
- Lots of new acquaintances and friends.
- And last but not least: financial support from the EU!
Who can participate?
You can participate in the programme as a new entrepreneur if:
- You are firmly planning to start a business, based on a viable business plan;
- You have started your own business within the last 3 years.
- Your (future) company or activity can be in any sector
- No age limit!
How to apply
Visit the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs website and follow their instructions!
The more you put of yourself in this experience the more you will get out of it. My EYE exchange ended last February, and I am now the first employee of the Betacowork. Isn’t this cool? 🙂