Stories are about life and the life experience. Using stories, anecdotes and vignettes to clarify your message is a way to fast track a positive engagement with your audience. Great stories are successful because of the way in which they are told. Even though a story may be about an everyday occurrence, the manner in which the story is expressed gives it
power. Power to be convincing and make a lasting impression. Storytelling is a very useful method to communicate your message.
This event is part of a free coworking week organized at Betacowork Coworking Brussels form August the 7th to the 11th. More info and sign up here.
What to expect:
- A practical workshop on how to improve your public speaking skills;
- Insights on adding meaningful expression to a mundane story;
- Practical storytelling exercises;
- Get constructive feedback;
- Get tips and advice on clear and concise communication.
- 11:00: Meet and greet
- 11:15: Opening introduction.
What are the elements of a captivating story to
deliver a message.
- 11:25: Story forensics. Analysing an example story used
in a speech by a world champion speaker.
- 1:40: Exercise in basic story structure.
Identifying the elements of your story.
Bringing the elements together.
Telling your story in small groups, test it out and
- 12:00: Break
- 12:15: Refining your story.
A few participants will be asked to deliver their
final resulting story.
Comments and feedback will be given on each
- 12:50: Conclusion: What have we learned.
- 13:00: Evaluation of workshop.
When and Where?
Thursday 10th of August at 11AM at Betacowork / ICAB Business & Technology Incubator (Room Azzar).
Who is Martin Jugmans?
Martin Jugmans creatively integrates the power of storytelling as a formidable tool for making an impact and leaving a lasting impression.
His unique approach, like a memorable fable, focuses on universal principles, lively interaction and innovative solutions. Martin has spoken at a TEDx event, given workshops on public
speaking at European Conferences, Universities in Leuven and Brussels and organised courses on storytelling. He co-founded the Artful Orators an advanced speaking club in Brussels. He has been complimented on, “Having charisma, being able to deliver captivating speeches and tell great stories.”